Saturday, December 15, 2012

Finish

I am on cloud nine. After a very hard semester I am having a wonderful couple of weeks. Finals are over. I don't work for three weeks. I made it into the studio art program. I had pizza and m&m's last night (if you have never tried this, it's so worth it. It's best with cheese or pepperoni pizza). And my first ever pie shake earlier this week. It was heavenly.
The other day at work was momentous. You have to understand a couple of things about the pizza store I work in. It is a small store and so we tend to get creative with storage. We keep our extra dipping sauce on top of the ovens to keep it warm. One of my co-workers put a box of sauce on top, not realizing that there was a box on the other side. The box on the other side tips off and all the cups of sauce splatter everywhere. I mean everywhere. It was on the menu sign, the ovens, my shoes, her shoes, inside her hat, on her glasses, on the warmer. Everywhere. All four of us in the store freeze in shock for a split second before we all start laughing. We continue to laugh as we clean it up. And the next day. If I'd had a camera I would have documented the moment and this would make more sense and sound less crazy. I have come to realize that with moments like that there are two choices: get mad, or laugh. We choose to laugh.
Detour! So pie shakes. Please, try one. They are worth every cent. My roommates and I went to a little place to celebrate the semester together. One of my roommates is going on an Latter-Day Saint mission next semester so we won't see her for 18 months. We are all very excited for her (she's going to Germany!) but sad to lose her. Thus the pie shakes. I have pictures, but I'm too lazy to hook up my camera to the computer and download them. I just finished finals. And I have to go pick up my laundry.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment