Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Keys incident

The other day I was walking home from school. This is a fairly regular thing for me to do, especially since I have moved my bike for the winter. Anyways, I was walking home and noticed these three guys who were picking up soaking wet leaves of the even wetter grass and putting them in bags. Knowing college boys, it was totally for a prank. As I watched one boy threw the keys to the other. In a gliding, very high arc they aimed directly for the second boy. And then, because nothing ever goes smoothly, they got stuck in the tree. All four of us stared in a moment of dumbfounded amazement. How had this happened? The probability was so small.
The guy who threw the keys noticed me. I smiled and waved.
"Good luck!"
The friends turned and noticed me. I kept walking. I was cold, and I wanted my hot chocolate. And in my boots there was no way I could help them get the keys anyways. I'd be more of a hinder than a help, especially since the keys were not even remotely close to the trunk. There was no hope of simply climbing the tree and grabbing them.
My only regret is that I did not stay to watch. I am curious as to how they got their keys out of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment