Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life is good

It's official. I am in the right major. I'm only in one official studio art class, figure drawing, but I love it. It's three hours long and most days I am surprised when class is over. The only clue to how long the class is, is when my back hurts from straddling the donkey easel for so long (a plank of wood with a plank in front to lean the art board on. It's like sitting on a horse. Thus the name.) I find myself analyzing peoples faces at work, placing their features and noticing what shape their face is. It's very distracting sometimes. Some people just have interesting faces! I wish it wouldn't be super weird for me to ask them if I could take a picture, just so I could draw their features.

Last weekend I was lucky enough to have my mom visit. My Melissa and Jeremy were being sealed to little Charlotte. It was really fun to visit with so much family. And eat real food. That was a huge perk too. I get tired of rice and oatmeal sometimes. It's amazing how creative I've gotten with such simple foods.

Yesterday I got to spend an hour with my good friend/ ex-roommate Kaia before she went into the Missionary Training Center. There were more of us there but this was the best picture. I figured people would play nice and not put the pictures of the silly faces we made up. Kaia will be spending the next 18 months in Germany sharing her testimony. I am so excited for her! But sad to see her go. I should be getting my own missionary call towards the end of this month. I can't wait to see where I will be going.

1 comment:

  1. I lost touch with your blog for a few months. So fun to get caught up. Can't wait to hear where you're going on your mission either. What an exciting time in your life. Love you; thanks for coming to our family celebrations. Love you!

    ReplyDelete