Friday, March 1, 2013

Thus is Life.

Because I know you are all dying to know, I did, in fact, go running. I should have worn gloves. My hands were pretty icy by the time I got back.

I should be doing homework right now. Studying, in fact. For three tests. But I have studied so much over the last few days that I am feeling very studied-out. And I'm still not quite ready for my tests.

I just realized I was making strange faces as I typed. Thinking about my multiple tests is not pleasant.

Just moments ago I went down to our beloved laundry room and ran into an Indie-Rock band. The four guys had beards and beanies and all. Very hipster, and very loud. So I took a picture. It's not a very good one, but I felt awkward taking the previously mentioned photo and they felt awkward being watched. So I left quickly. I just found it so very... college. It must be noted that the picture below is not one of my new awkward hipster friends. It is a random picture of a random guy who lives on the Google images page. He just looks very similar to my new hipster friends.

It's funny, because my image of college from the standpoint of high school is very different than life. I thought I would be out partying every weekend, up until at least midnight every night and going on more dates than I could count. And here I am studying on a Friday night.

Let me clarify, I do go out and party during the weekend. Just not every weekend. Some weeks the homework monster eats me whole and doesn't spit me out for days at a time. It's quite unpleasant I must admit. But so worth it. I'd rather encounter the homework monster every day than work at a pizza place for the rest of my life. I'm so done with my job. The people are fun and I like the customers. I'm just completely and utterly bored. I'm ready for a job that involves some sitting and less heavy lifting. And that I don't walk away from smelling like pepperoni and fried dough (no, we don't fry the pizzas. Just everything else.)

And I just had to include this picture. I witnessed this surprise birthday party after work one day. Apparently she really likes Batman because she was raving about her Batman cake when he showed up. Whoever she is, I hope she doesn't mind having her face plastered on my blog.

Thus is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment